Science and Engineering forSustainability has emerged as the key imperative for economic development. Doing well while conserving the planet for future generations is the core of sustainability. Doing well in economic activity (profit) is the starting point for developing capability of being able to doing good to the planet and people. Being greedy about profit, ignoring planet and people is not sustainable.
It is very important that while leveraging natural resources for economic growth, enhancing access to energy and increasing prosperity for alleviating poverty, we need to be respectful and responsive to preserve the nature and natural setting to be sustainable. It is also important to draw resources from the nature in accordance with the principle of nature and natural setting. Sustainable development requires striking a balance between resource exploitation and conservation. This balance would differ on the basis of geography, society, resource type, industry, as well as the type and size of business. The emerging field of Sustainability Science and Engineering is responding to this challenge.
“Science and Engineering of Sustainable Development” - a one day Symposium at IIT Bombay
S ustainability of Earth and Water Resources from Ecological Perspective
- To create awareness and necessary linkages for bringing sustainability and resiliency studies from periphery to centre of all engineering R&D initiatives.
- To provide a platform for sustainable thinkers from corporate, academia, Government and NGOs for framing relevant and implementable policies for a clean environment.
- To evolve sustainability governance framework at the global level with special attention to the emerging economies like India.
- To identify key research projects those need to be incubated.
- To build and maintain linkages between academic research, immediate industry needs, corporate governance tools and governmental planning to support such initiatives.
JOINTLY ORGANIZED BY
ENQUIRY FORMFill in the form to receive all Registration details through mail.
WATCH OUR WAYS
- B 601, Patel Paradise Plot# 31 & 32, Sector 35-E Near CISF Colony Kharghar Navi Mumbai Maharashtra, India 410 210